Thursday, May 2, 2013

John Galliano Won’t Attend The Met Ball


JOHN GALLIANO won't attend this year's Met Ball. The designer will skip the annual Costume Institute Gala, despite several of his designs being featured in the accompanying Punk: Chaos To Couture exhibition.

The news was confirmed by his publicist, Liz Rosenberg, yesterday: "One step at a time," she told the New York Post. "And that's one huge mother f***ing staircase." It's not been confirmed as to whether any of his designs will be worn on the red carpet.

It was announced last night that Tommy Hilfiger will host a table at the event, with plans to outfit Zooey Deschanel, Lily Aldridge, Nicki Minaj and Debbie Harry for the punk-themed evening. Actress Brooklyn Decker will wear a custom-made Peter Pilotto dress and attend with boyfriend Andy Roddick.

"Punk dressing all seems very fussy to me. It was a very planned, anti-establishment lifestyle. I'm more a dress-for-comfort girl. I make as little effort as possible so, no, I will not be spending an extra hour gelling my Mohawk and getting my black liner perfect," said Decker. "I didn't know much about punk music growing up as I was more of the horribly awesome boy band generation."

No comments:

Post a Comment